You are here: Home--> Research Projects
List of ongoing Projects
- Presence of intra and inter species male in the fecundity of female Ae. aegypti, Cx. quinquefasciatus, Cx. tritaeniorhynchus, An. stephensi mosquitoes.
- Estimation of endemicity of dengue in Nilgiris district, Tamil Nadu.
- District model plan for research cum intervention project on JE/AES.
- To investigate the role of Anopheles subpictus along with other Japanese encephalitis vectors in JE virus transmission in Tirunelveli District.
- Analysis of early innate immune response against dengue virus isolated from various clinical stages of infection.
- Vector Surveillance for ZIKV in selected high risk areas of India.
- Recombinant antigens as a tool for analyzing antibody response among dengue patients to understand pathology and pathogenesis.
- Evaluation of Natular DT, Natular® 20EC and Natular® G30 formulations against vector mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti and Anopheles stephensi) and Natular DT against Culex spp. in Chennai city – Phase I and Phase II trial.
List of New projects
- Whole genome sequencing of dengue viruses and vector mosquitoes occurring in India: exploiting through genomics, proteomics and RNAomics approaches.
- Genetic architecture of tribal population in India and their impact of genetic predisposition to important vector borne diseases.
- Surveillance of Japanese encephalitis and Acute encephalitis syndrome (AES) in Tamil Nadu
- Development and establishment of Wolbachia infected Anopheles stephensi.
- Exploring the role of Philodina roseola as a hiding source of dengue / chikungunya virus during inter-epidemic period.
- Surveillance of emerging and re-emerging vector borne diseases in India.
- Surveillance of vector & pathogen of scrub typhus in Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- Whole genome sequencing and comparative genomic studies of Anopheles culicifacies.
- Investigating the association of Plasmodium Purine salvage pathway enzymes and metabolites with severe malaria outcomes.
- Designing and evaluation of simple, cost effective novel ovitrap for the control of dengue/chikungunya vectors.
- Designing and development of novel equipment for generating germ free and gnotobiotic mosquitoes.
- Development and maintenance of insecticide resistance strains of Anopheles, Aedes and Culex species.
- Designing and evaluation of a simple, eco-friendly and cost effective Ovitrap for the control of dengue/chikungunya vectors.
- Comprehensive analysis of microRNA biomarkers during dengue infection.
- Development of a nanoparticle based rapid diagnostic assay for detecting dengue virus in mosquitoes.
- Establishment of mosquito research facility for controlled field experiments.
- Establishment of CRME Field Station at Uthagamandalam, the Nilgiris, TN for conducting research on vector borne diseases among tribal communities.
- Establishment of CRME Field Station at Kallur, Tirunelveli district, TN for conducting research on vector borne diseases.
- Establishment of a manufacturing facility for the indigenously develop aspirator for mosquito collection. (Under Prime Minister Make in India).
- A new eco-friendly surveillance trap (low-cost device) for annihilation of Aedes eggs in field situation.
- Modernization and upgradation of insectary at CRME, Madurai.
© 2016 CRME. All rights reserved